= = = WELCOME = = =
The Club aims to promote in every way, the general improvement in the quality, breeding, exhibiting and working of Labrador Retrievers,
Continue to educate and encourage members, breeders, exhibitors and judges to abide by the requirements of the standard as approved for the Labrador Retriever by the Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC),
Organise conformation shows and trials, promote public interest in the Labrador Retriever, and to endeavour to see that good fellowship and sportsmanship exists amongst members.
This club is made up of enthusiastic people, who own, train, and love Labrador Retrievers. At any of our functions, the members are more than happy to discuss training, kennelling, showing, working, rearing, feeding, and all aspects of owning the breed. During the year, we conduct a number of retrieving trials, a championship show, an open show, social days and members competitions - all of which are held for the purpose of promoting the objectives of the Club.
The Club encourages Labrador Retriever owners to try out and participate in these activities. For more information, please feel free to explore our website.
Rescue & Rehoming
The Labrador Retriever Club of Victoria acts as a referral point for people wishing to rehome adult dogs and also for people offering a home to adult dogs.
In the majority of cases, the Club has not seen the dog, knows nothing of its background and gives no warranty as to its suitability for rehoming, its health status, vaccination status, whether it is desexed or its temperament. The Club simply acts as a point of contact.
Occasionally, the Club will physically collect a dog from a shelter or have a dog surrendered to it. In this case, the dog will be assessed by the Club as to its health status, temperament and suitability for rehoming prior to it being listed as a candidate. There will be a charge for these dogs, generally in the order of $300 to cover vaccinations, desexing, microchipping, health check etc. However, under no circumstances does the Labrador Retriever Club of Victoria offer any warranty or guarantee with these dogs.
All enquiries should be directed to Sylvia Power on (03) 9746 1292 email@example.com
- Annual General Meeting 19th March 2020
- Dog Lovers Show 2020 - volunteers needed 1st May 2020 This is a yearly public event that the club attends. Please sign up if you want to volunteer to man ... ... more
- Championship Show & Restricted to Breed Obedience and Rally Obedience Trials 17th May 2020
- Check out the new Club website 14th January 2020 Check out the features - members can update their information to be able to receive notifications fr... ... more
- Download our New Mobile App 14th January 2020 You can now download the Member Jungle mobile app and stay up to date with what's going on our membe... ... more